Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baked Sunday Mornings: Pecan Tassies

THESE ARE A FAVORITE AT OUR HOUSE
This recipe for Pecan Tassies is simple and relatively quick; only an hour from start to finish.  With such an easy recipe I should have had it ready for posting on time, however, with holiday guests still at our house and more coming tomorrow, I continue to run behind.

MY TASTE WAS WITH CHOCOLATE--DELICIOUS!
The only change I made was to add chocolate pieces to half the tassies.  I added bittersweet chocolate chunks to each pie bottom along with pecan pieces.  So that we could tell the difference between the pies with and without the chocolate, I baked 2 different shapes.
HUBBY PREFERRED WITHOUT CHOCOLATE
This without chocolate shape was created in a mini muffin pan.  (Baked as suggested by the recipe.) They would have been perfect except that we took them to a party, and because I needed to rush out the door as soon as the tassies were out of the oven, their tops cracked a little when being removed, while still very hot, from the baking pan to the serving platter...but they were still pretty and very delicious.
YUMMY ON THE INSIDE
This crust recipe is flaky and flavorful.  My grandson, Baby M, thinks this crust is the best part, and kids are often known to leave the crust. so I was impressed.

Next time, I will add a nut-less filling  to the crust which has a few nut pieces sprinkled into the shells.  I think it would be easier to pour only the liquid into the mini shapes.  And then I will add more nuts to the tops after the filling has been poured into each pie.  I think I would see more nuts, creating a look more like a mini pecan pie.  However, since there is not photo for this recipe, this is just my idea of how to make these tassies even more beautiful.

Hope you are all staying warm.  I look forward to Speculaas for our next post.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fluted shape! These are my brother's favorite so I make them every year. I'll bet he'd love it if I added some chocolate, too. I'll definitley try that next year!

    It will be interesting to see how (if at all) different the Speculaas are from the Speculoos we made last year - in any case, I'm looking forward to trying them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to add chocolate in the mix, Kris. I make a brownie pecan pie and love the combination of chocolate and pecans.

    ReplyDelete