Sunday, December 2, 2012

Baked Sunday Mornings: The No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie

I'M SURE SANTA WOULD LOVE THESE COOKIES AND MILK!
I certainly appreciated this easy, yummy no-bake CHOCOLATE peanut butter cookie for my busy December schedule.  This is a wonderful treat that I’m adding to my cookie platters.  I rarely purchase cookies at the market or the bakery...I’m particular about my cookies; I like them super fresh, with no shortening or strange oils and I love baking them, usually, several times each week.  Grandma’s house should always have fresh cookies on hand at all times!  But, I’ll admit, that when I see these cookies on the bakery shelf, I can’t resist.  I buy them every time.  Iresistable!   Good childhood memories.  It’s hard to mess them up.  They are a perfect project  to “bake” with my little kiddies.

And...they are healthy, right?  With that high protein peanut butter and all those old fashioned oats they must have some good food value.

The only addition I made to this recipe was I added 2 cups coconut.  I wanted my scooped out mounts not to spread, and the coconut is, in my opinion, a great tasting addition that stiffens the dough a little and my mounds were kept in tact.

Love this recipe and enjoyed making these yummy cookies.

This is the best cookie time of year...hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kris!

    I'm glad you enjoyed these - I think they would be a great addition to a plate of Christmas cookies. And I love your addition of coconut.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the possibilities for add-ins on these cookies are endless! I mentioned elsewhere that I'd like to add more peanuts to them for more of that crunchy texture. Toasted coconut would be great, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris! Your cookies are so fabulous and I wish I had thought to add coconut! Next time! : )

    ReplyDelete